Safeguarding Making Enquiries (S42) Level 2
Date & Time:
The BSAB are pleased to offer a one day course on Safeguarding Making Enquiries (S42) Level 3.
The training session will be hosted by Emma Pickering - Associate Trainer at Making Connections.
About Emma - Emma Pickering specialises in the delivery of Safeguarding and Support Planning Training which are closely linked as subject areas. Emma has over 20 years’ experience developing staff from all levels in both public and private sector. Emma delivers a range of training from basic safeguarding to Section 42 and Duty of Candour.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the statutory safeguarding duties in the Care Act 2014 and the statutory guidance.
- Explain the criteria for a s42 enquiry and the roles and responsibilities of the LA and partner agencies.
- Describe the purpose and objectives of an enquiry.
- Understand the principles that must underpin adult safeguarding work and be able to demonstrate how you would make safeguarding personal as part of an enquiry you have been caused to make.
- Describe how to work with the adult to identify, strengths, needs and outcomes as part of an enquiry.
- Consider the learning from a local SAR and implications for practice.