BSCP Working Together In Safeguarding Children (2 Day Event)
Date & Time:
All training between September 2020 and July 2021 will now take place as virtual events.
The key points of switching from face to face to virtual training to make delegates aware of are as follows: -
- Please ensure your e-mail address within your user account is current and spelt correctly as this will be passed onto our training provider who will e-mail you directly (approx. 5 working days before the course start date) with the invitation containing the Zoom ID and password in order to access the course.
- Your e-mail address will only be passed onto the organisation commissioned to deliver the training.
- The platform that will be used to deliver virtual training is Zoom. Please ensure you have the most up to date Zoom App uploaded onto your device in advance of the training take place
- On the day of the event, the training should be accessed via a laptop/desktop in order for delegates to get the full benefits of the course.
- The BSCP’s usual Charging and Cancellation Policy will apply (located on our website), however, there will be a reduction in fee to reflect no refreshments being provided and the loss of the “classroom” learning environment. For non-contributing agencies to the BSCP financially the charge will be £100.00 (usually £120.00) per delegate, per training day and for Voluntary/Charity organisations within Buckinghamshire the charge will be £50.00 (usually £60.00) per delegate, per training day.
- Whilst the course content will remain as publicised regardless of it being delivered as face to face or virtual training the way in which the course is delivered will differ, due to the environment.
- Delegates are expected to attend the course in full in order to receive their course certificate.
- The number of delegates on virtual courses will be slightly lower than our face to face events.
- In the event that a colleague needs to replace you on one of our virtual courses at short notice, please arrange for the replacement colleague to set up a user account ideally before the event and e-mail the training team to advise them of the change and confirm that a user account has been set up. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure the replacement delegate receives the Zoom invitation and notify the trainer of the change, we also suggest the original delegate passes the Zoom meeting ID and password onto their colleague. On the day of the event, please also ensure the replacement delegate makes the trainer aware at the start of the course of the change to avoid incurring a non-attendance charge for the original delegate.
- This is a new way of working for everyone including us! Please bear with us if there are any teething problems and feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback, thank you.
Charges may apply to this training, please refer to the BSCP Charging policy for details
It is a requirement that before attending this course, ALL applicants must have completed Introductory/Basic Child Protection training e.g. single agency or e-learning.
You only need to attend EITHER this course or the BSCP Everyone’s Responsibility course.
The following information applies to education colleagues only: –
We have temporarily suspended online bookings for education staff due to the DSL training pathway being amended and the need to identify which DSL’s need to access the Working Together course as a priority. To register your interest in attending Working Together please contact Jackie Kelly on 01296 382912 stating which date you would like to attend. Please note the number of places per course are still restricted to ensure a multi-agency split, so you may not get your first choice of date.
This course will be delivered by Safeguarding Associates for Excellence (SAFE) https://safe-ltd.com/
To provide a multi-disciplinary course in order to explore the process of child protection and the roles and responsibilities of individuals and agencies.
Course Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of agencies involved in safeguarding children and young people
- Understand the key legislation and guidance that underpins safeguarding children and young people
- be able to identify, drawing on professional and clinical expertise, possible signs of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect including domestic abuse, sexual exploitation, grooming and exploitation to support and/or commit acts of terrorism (known as radicalisation), FGM, Forced Marriage, Honour Based Violence, modern slavery, gang and electronic media abuse
- Recognise the close links to serious harm to children and Domestic abuse in the household
- Understand the importance of a Child Centred Approach
- Recognise the importance of “Think Family” Approach throughout the safeguarding process
- Know what information to record and share for safeguarding referrals and the correct processes
- know how to contribute to, and make considered judgements about how to act to safeguard/protect a child or young person, including escalation and whistleblowing as part of this process
- Identify Local Safeguarding Policies and Procedures for Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership
Those who work predominantly with children, young people, parents/carers and who are operationally involved in / have particular responsibilities in contributing to or undertaking S47 enquiries; need to attend CP Conferences and Core Groups and /or have advisory, designated or specialist CP roles. Please note that this is a two day course.
|Adult Nursing home||0|
|Adult Residential Home||0|
|BCC - Adult Services||1|
|BCC - Children's Centre (non-school based)||2|
|BCC - Childrens Services||4|
|BCC - Commissioning Service (BCC Staff only)||1|
|BCC - Councillor||0|
|BCC - Other||1|
|BCC - YOS||1|
|Bucks Fire and Rescue Service||1|
|Charities / Voluntary Organisations (within Bucks)||0|
|Childrens Centre's (school based)||1|
|Education - Independent School||0|
|Education - School/Academy/Further Education||0|
|Health - Ambulance Service||0|
|Health - Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust||7|
|Health - Clinical Comissioning Groups||1|
|Health - GPs||1|
|Health - Hertfordshire NHS FT||0|
|Health - Oxfordshire Health NHS Foundation Trust||1|
|Probation Service - Community Rehabilitation Company||0|
|Probation Service - National Probation Service||1|
|Supported living (adults only)||0|
|Thames Valley Police||1|